At a glance:
- Your survey data is owned by you. And we respect the privacy of your surveys. We don’t sell them to anyone and we don’t use the survey responses you collect for purposes unrelated to you or our services, except in a limited set of circumstances (e.g. if we are compelled by a subpoena, or if you’ve given us permission to do so).
- We hold your data securely. See our Security Statement for more information.
What information does SurveySaurus collect?
When you use SurveySaurus, we collect information relating to you and your use of our services from a variety of sources. These are listed below. The sections afterward describe what we do with this information.
Information we collect directly from you:
- Registration information. You need a SurveySaurus account before you can create surveys on SurveySaurus. When you register for an account, we collect your username, password and email address.
- Survey data. We store your survey data (questions and responses) for you.
Information we collect about you indirectly or passively when you interact with us:
- Usage data. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. Like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, operating system versions, and timestamps.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
How does SurveySaurus use the information we collect?
- To provide you with our service and customer support, which requires us to access your information to assist you (such as with survey design and creation or technical troubleshooting).
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
With whom do we share or disclose your information?
We don’t sell your survey data, unless you expressly permit us to! Where required by law, we will obtain your express consent prior to disclosing or sharing any personal information. Where required by law, we will obtain your express consent prior to disclosing or sharing any personal information.
What are your rights to your information?
- Download/backup your survey data. Depending on what subscription plan you have, we provide you with the ability to export, share and publish your survey data in a variety of formats. This allows you to create your own backups or conduct offline data analysis.
- Delete your survey data.
- Cancel your account.
Security, cookies and other important information
- Security: Details about SurveySaurus’s security practices are available in our Security Statement. We are committed to handling your personal information and data with integrity and care. However, regardless of the security protections and precautions we undertake, there is always a risk that your personal data may be viewed and used by unauthorized third parties as a result of collecting and transmitting your data through the internet.
- Data locations: Our servers are based in the United States, so your personal information will be hosted and processed by us in the United States.
- To provide you with personalized content.