Saundra Stroope is an EDA Senior Leadership Consultant with over 20 years of human capital experience within a variety of industries at award winning, global and Fortune 500 companies. She is the author of over a dozen works including a chapter in a book on developing high potential emerging leaders in Integrated Talent Management Scorecards by ASTD Press.
Her expertise includes leadership development, succession planning, culture change, organizational development, career development, team development, curriculum design, facilitation, human resources, and coaching individuals at all leadership levels. She has a long track record of leading and measuring the success of talent development initiatives. Her work as a Talent Management Manager at ATK, a Fortune 500 aerospace and defense company, led to an award from CLO, Chief Learning Officer Magazine.
She has also held talent and organizational development roles at PacifiCorp (Utah/Pacific/Scottish Power), Rio Tinto, Alcatel USA, and MCI Telecommunications/WorldCom. Her human resources experience includes the healthcare industry at Intermountain Healthcare, U.T. Southwestern Medical Center, and Kimberly Quality Care.
Saundra holds a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and a Master’s in Human Resources Management from Texas A&M University. She is certified in the delivery of many leadership development programs and coaching assessments including the Myers Briggs (MBTI), Strong Interest Inventory, Thomas Killman (TKI), Insights, and 360 feedback tools. She has presented at conferences and partnered with CPP, Consulting Psychologists Press on the delivery of several “Ask the Expert” webinars and publications.
Saundra’s passion for development, drive for results, business acumen, and many years of human capital experience, allow her to bring creative ideas and practical talent solutions to organizations. She has guided many individuals and organizations to achieve higher performance.
Her publications include:
- “Career Development Includes Life Outside of Work”, CPP
- “Visionary Leadership: The Hope of the World”, AMA
- “Survival Tactics for 9 to 5”, CPP
- “Game On! Bring Your Best Every Day”, T+D Magazine
- “Bringing Your A Game: A Guide for High Potentials”, Personal Excellence Magazine
- “The Promises and Perils of Managing Gen Y”, AMA
- “Challenging Career Choices Made Simple”, CPP
- “Career Development to Engage and Retain High Potential and Emerging Leaders”, Integrated Talent Management Scorecards, ASTD Press
- “Developing the Next Generation of Leaders”, Industrial and Commercial Training, Emerald Publications
- “Seasoned! Lessons for and from Leaders”, Training Magazine
- “Prepare HR Leaders to Think Like Strategic Business Partners”, Pfeiffer Annual
- “Conflict Management Lessons From the Second Grade”, T+D Magazine
- “Gurus and Gotos: How to Avoid Getting Trapped By Other People’s Thinking”, Training Magazine
- “Developing People: Get Higher Engagement and Results”, Sales & Service Excellence Magazine
- “Giving Back: Volunteer Service”, Personal Excellence Magazine
- “Case Study ATK Career Development”, CPP
- “Leading Teams: Create a Healthy Culture”, Sales & Service Excellence Magazine
- “Women, Water and Leadership: Are We Making Progress?”, T+D Magazine
- “Building Leaders at ATK Aerospace Systems”, ASTD Links
- “Managing Change: Always Consider the Culture”, Leadership Excellence Magazine
- “Change Opportunities: Identifying Actions and Support”, Pfeiffer Annual
- “Corporate Meeting: Building Understanding of the Vision”, Pfeiffer Annual
- “Learning About Leadership and Conflict Style”, Pfeiffer Annual
- “Memories: Influencing Others”, Pfeiffer Annual