Richard (Rick) A. Best is a Senior Leadership Consultant with Executive Development Associates. He has over 20 years of experience in designing, implementing, delivering, and leading a broad range of training and development initiatives that support business strategies and objectives. Most recently, Rick was the Senior Training Manager for Lockheed Martin Missile and Fire Control where he had the opportunity to design and implement programs and processes focusing on leadership development and employee retention and engagement at both the division and corporate levels.
Executive and Leadership Development:
- Implemented a leadership identification and development process integrating leadership assessment, a core curriculum, and mentoring.
- Designed and implemented a strategy for assessing leadership skills for the division’s 850 managers.
- Collaborated with staff from the Economic University of Budapest and the University of Indiana in the design of a leadership development program.
- Instructed courses in leadership, interpersonal relations, problem solving, decision making, and behavioral interviewing.
- Led a corporate-wide team to design and implement an executive mentoring process for the 500 highest level executives in the corporation.
- Collaborated in the design and implementation of a broad-based, voluntary mentoring program that has continued and grown over an eight year period, involving over 30% of a division’s salaried population.
- Designed and implemented a broad-based career counseling strategy to retain and engage technical and professional employees.
- Facilitated the creation of a financial skills competency model and implemented a career planning process for the development and retention of finance employees.
Other experience includes:
- Instructor and school manager teaching English as a Second Language, for Raytheon Middle East Systems Company in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Adult Basic Education instructor for a non-profit organization in New York, NY
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Qualified to instruct courses from the following vendors:
Alamo Learning Systems
Blanchard Training and Development